We can all have a healthy and balanced morning hygiene routine if we are willing to spend on proper and performance-based goods. The most important need, however, is to instill in our children the importance of hygiene and body care. In general, many children begin their day by brushing their teeth; a new and clean brushing cycle makes your child’s day worthwhile. You should definitely hunt for some high-quality toothbrushes for your kids on the market.
Electric toothbrushes are the most efficient and deliver the deepest clean of any brush. The top ten best electric toothbrushes for kids in Canada are given below so you can pick the best one for your child.
You must exercise extreme caution before selecting any electric toothbrush since specific features must be present. These are their names:
Bristles – The bristles of the brush should be soft, not scratchy or firm, as this can injure your children’s gums or teeth.
Waterproof – Although brushes are waterproof, prolonged submersion in water might cause damage to the product.
Rechargeable – Battery should be long-lasting and should be charged quickly.
Attachments – Brushes are available with various heads to assist you with brushing and expert cleaning of your white pearls.
Features of Electric Toothbrushes
Electric toothbrushes are either sonic, which vibrates from side to side, or spinning, which rotates back and forth. Some types include a timer that turns the brush off after two minutes. They can also program a 30-second beep or indicator to inform you when it’s time to move to another part of the mouth. The rechargeable battery can keep a full charge for weeks, making it convenient for vacation and allowing you to keep up with your habit.
When choosing the best electric toothbrush for you, look for the following:
- Ease of use.
- Comfortable handle with conveniently located on/off switch.
- Proper brush size and bristle design to accommodate your mouth.
When can kids start using an electric toothbrush?
There is no hard and fast rule on when children should start using electric toothbrushes, but Hanna Park, DMD, a board certified pediatric dentist at Memorial Children’s Dentistry in Houston, recommends waiting until they are 3 years old.
“Generally, by the age of three, children will have all of their primary teeth erupted, and that is when the contacts of teeth will be closing,” Park explains. “Because many children lack the physical dexterity to effectively clean numerous surfaces of teeth, electric toothbrushes may be useful for removing plaque.”
Although the American Dental Association considers both manual and electric toothbrushes to be useful, Park claims that you’re more likely to see a difference in your own teeth with an electric brush, and that they sometimes perform a better job of removing plaque.
“Many children do not have severe gum disease, but the majority of them come with gingivitis, which implies plaque clearance is critical,” she notes. “I usually emphasize the necessity of thoroughly cleaning back molars because baby molars do not fall out until the age of 12.”
Remember, however, that children often require assistance brushing their teeth until they are around 6 years old, regardless of whether they use an electric or manual toothbrush.
How we selected the best electric toothbrushes for children
We chose the following options based on parent feedback and the following criteria:
- reasonable price tag for the market
- rave reviews about ease of use for kids and effectivity in cleaning
What things should you take into account when shopping?
- Softness- the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children use a brush with soft bristles, whether manual or electric.
- Price- Try a less expensive brush first to determine if your youngster can endure the vibration and sensation of an electric brush before investing in a full-spec brush.
- Features- Character themes and music can make brushing your teeth more enjoyable!
- Small brush head- We recommend using the shortest brush head possible so that you can reach the rear molars.
- Replacement heads- Park recommends purchasing new heads and replacing them every three months or if your child becomes unwell with ailments such as a cold, flu, or sore throat. This is due to the fact that germs can congregate and hide in the bristles, increasing your chances of reinfection.
- Storage- Keep the brush somewhere it won’t get wet, both to keep germs at bay and to keep it from breaking.
Pros and cons of electric toothbrushes for kids
On the plus side, they can make brushing much easier. Don’t be deceived by their high-tech appearance – electric toothbrushes are undoubtedly easier to use than traditional ones when you’re assisting your child with brushing their teeth.
Some children, however, may be sensitive to vibrations and dislike the sound or feel of an electric toothbrush. An electric toothbrush can be overwhelming, especially if your child has sensory difficulties.
Do you really need an electric toothbrush?
The majority of dentists think that a well-used manual toothbrush may perform nearly as well as an electric toothbrush. The issue arises with the “properly wielded” part. Most people do not brush for the whole two minutes, do not properly stroke the brush around the complete set of teeth and the gum line, and do not brush gently and quickly. A decent electric toothbrush, on the other hand:
- Oscillates or strokes thousands, if not tens of thousands, of times per minute, as opposed to the normal 300 strokes per minute when brushing manually.
- Removes more plaque than a manual toothbrush
- Has a signal or timer of some type to motivate longer brushing
- Is easier for people with arthritis or other hand weaknesses to use
- Is likelier to reduce gum disease than a manual toothbrush
We want you to have healthy, strong teeth for the rest of your life. That is why we conducted research to bring you five electric toothbrushes that we believe are the best options for the majority of individuals. When making our conclusions, we looked at the leading consumer websites, talked to actual product owners, and sought assistance from dentists and dental hygienists. So go ahead and get your favorite toothpaste out. Teeth that are healthy, clean, and white are on their way.
Philips has been trusted for decades for its dependable goods that never fail to impress their clients. The free interactive application on the Philips sonicare toothbrush is likely to get your youngsters enthused about brushing their teeth. Your children will also receive free rewards for successful brushing sessions, making their daily routine more enjoyable.
When compared to traditional hand brushes, it is more effective and cleans 98 percent of hard-to-reach parts of the mouth. This colorful Philips Sonicare brush is Bluetooth compatible, allowing kids to access a free interactive software that emphasizes the significance of brushing in a fun way. Furthermore, the brush’s “kidpacer” feature informs you when it’s time to move on to another area of the mouth to ensure comprehensive cleaning.
Children and proper dental hygiene are not always a natural match. Most children are either unwilling to wash their teeth or do a poor job of cleaning them. The Philips Sonicare for Kids, on the other hand, turns brushing into a game, thanks to a free Bluetooth-compatible app that encourages and rewards effective brushing methods.
The Sonicare toothbrush for kids, like all Sonicare toothbrushes, uses unique sonic technology to remove plaque and particles up to 75 percent more effectively than a manual toothbrush. It has a two-minute timer built in; it reminds the child to switch quadrants every 30 seconds while brushing. The brush has two speed settings and eight stickers to personalize the handle.
But the real fun begins with the free software, which not only teaches kids the whys and hows of excellent dental health, but also turns brushing into a game. Your youngster will be able to adopt a “Sparkly,” a lovely tiny creature who will provide brushing recommendations while your child “brushes” the Sparkly teeth. The software also tracks performance, making it simple to recognize and reward exemplary cleanliness. Simply place your smartphone or tablet in a location where your youngster may watch while brushing his or her teeth.
With nearly 1,000 Amazon reviews and an average rating of 4.6 stars, there are clearly a lot of pleased parents and kids brushing their teeth with the Philips Sonicare for Kids. Buyers frequently mention that their children transformed from being brushing-resistant to genuinely wanting to brush their teeth. Many parents report that switching to the kid’s Sonicare has improved their child’s dentist appointments significantly.
If the child is operating the brush on their own, the Philips Sonicare for Kids is recommended for ages three and up. Younger children, on the other hand, should receive assistance from their parents.
Most parents believe this toothbrush is a miniature replica of Philips’ popular adult electric toothbrush. But you’ll pay for all the bells and whistles – this is, without a doubt, the most expensive option on this list.
- Bluetooth enabled toothbrush for kids.
- Rechargeable electric brush with free interactive app which educates them about brushing.
- 2 minutes of brushing timer as recommended by American Dental Association.
- Customization of stickers.
- This brush does not last long.
ARM & HAMMER toothbrushes have made brushing teeth easier for children. The ARM & HAMMER spinbrush battery powered toothbrush is a strong brush that provides thorough cleaning of the teeth and aids in the prevention of cavities. It contains rotating upper bristles that stimulate the gums without causing any harm to their healthy coating.
A battery-powered toothbrush is a less expensive, but still effective, way to brush your children’s teeth. Arm & Hammer’s kids’ brush includes a small, soft-bristle head that fits smaller mouths. While the fixed lower bristles clean your child’s teeth, the top bristles spin to massage gums and combat plaque.
It does come with two AAA batteries, however some parents claim that the “on” button is difficult to press and hold, especially for younger children. So, while this brush is inexpensive, it isn’t really the most user-friendly for children.
- A low-cost, high-performance battery-powered toothbrush.
- Gently removes plaque and massages gums.
- Encourages kids to brush 38% longer.
- For improved performance, use fixed lower bristles and oscillating upper bristles.
- Brush bristles are not very soft.
The Oral B Frozen Electric Toothbrush’s special sensitive mode softly cleans children’s teeth without damaging the gums. You get a variety of character stickers that your kids may use to personalize their brushes and make them their favorites. 90 percent of the children brush for a longer period of time when using Oral B brushes than regular brushes.
The Oral-B Kids electric toothbrush has a rechargeable handle and charger, as well as a round, extra-soft brush head and a special gentle mode for kids’ teeth and gums. Parents can also download Oral-Disney B’s Magic Timer app, which uses engaging videos to encourage 2-minute brushing.
It’s also available in a variety of themes based on popular children’s films such as “Frozen” and “Toy Story” (and comes with four complimentary stickers!).
- The brush is charged for 8 days using a rechargeable battery.
- 4 stickers for personalizing the brush.
- Gentle mode for children’s teeth and fragile gums.
- Cleans plaque more effectively than manual toothbrushes.
- A pricey electric toothbrush only for the standard functions.
Since the invention of the concept of humans brushing their teeth, Coalgate has been the one brand that everyone has blindly trusted. The battery-powered Batman Toothbrush from Colgate is an excellent product for your children since it features a slim and easy-to-use handle, easy-to-access power controls, and, most importantly, it is extremely inexpensive.
- Brushing using a battery-powered toothbrush makes brushing easier for children.
- .Brush with an oscillating head that is one of a kind.
- For little hands, extra soft bristles and a slim handle with a tight grip are ideal.
- Quality concerns.
Fairywill produces promising toothbrushes with high battery quality and durability. Fairywill’s rechargeable sonic toothbrush cleans effectively and is ADA approved. One 4-hour charge ensures that the brush has a 30-day run period. This toothbrush is extremely unique and unusual since it has 4000 micro brushes each minute.
While this toothbrush is not specifically designed for children, it is popular among adults and older children who wear braces. One reviewer mentions how useful it is for cleaning around her 10-year-cables and brackets.
According to us , this brush has very soft bristles and is especially suggested for youngsters with braces. Another unique feature is that Fairywill’s bristles fade from blue to white over time, signalling when the head needs to be replaced.
- 5 brushing modes.
- Smart timer.
- 4 hours of fast charge using a USB.
- 3 brush heads included.
- Certainly, the battery begins to drain after a few months of use.
Brusheez makes kid-friendly toothbrushes that are certified kid-safe, BPA-free, and provide a better clean. Their Children’s Electric Toothbrush Set is available in seven distinct animal themes. Every toothbrush set includes a weekly brushing report to help you maintain and track your child’s progress.
- Dentists approved toothbrushes for kids.
- 2 minute sand timer for proper brushing routine.
- It can be mounted on a wall or over the sink countertop.
- 5 year warranty.
- The head tends to break easily
It is meant to be energy efficient and can run for over three months on a single AAA battery. Aside from the IPX 7 waterproof rating, you also get a new toothbrush head and a simple design handle for easy grasp.
- Ideal for the kids within the age group of 3 to 18.
- Waterproof and non-slip design.
- Deeper cleaning as compared to the traditional brushes.
- Not satisfied then the brand gives a refund for your purchase.
- Batteries are not included in the package.
If you’re seeking fantastic toothbrush combo discounts for your family, HOMMAND has just what you’re looking for. The HOMMAND 2 sonic electric toothbrush kit includes two brushes, eight brush heads, two pointed picks, two bristle protection covers, and two USB charging connections. Because of the sonic technology, the toothbrushes provide 40,000 strokes per minute and offer 5 brushing modes.
- 8 brushing heads with DuPont nylon bristles and 2 pointy picks.
- IPX7 waterproof rating so it can be used while taking a shower.
- Overall mouth cleaning with 30 seconds of interval pause.
- Full day of use just within 5 minutes of charge.
- Toothbrush is flimsy and breaks off after a fall.
The Oral B Vitality Floss action electric rechargeable toothbrush comes with two brush heads that may be swapped out as needed. The 2 minute timer alerts you every time you use the brush, ensuring that you use it for the prescribed amount of time. It has micropulse bristles for removing stubborn plaque, and the spherical head cleans your mouth flawlessly.
- Micropulse bristles for deep and professional clean.
- Round brush head for optimal tooth coverage.
- Timer to inform about the brushing time.
- Dentists recommended the number 1 brand worldwide.
- It is a highly powerful toothbrush.
Kids like Batman, and having him printed on their toothbrushes will encourage them to brush their teeth on a frequent basis. Coalgate has masterfully conceptualized some of the most well-known global characters for their toothbrushes, and it has created a cult following among children. This toothbrush is battery operated, changeable, and cost effective.
- Best power toothbrush for kids.
- Battery powered toothbrush which lies flat for kids to apply toothpaste easily.
- Replaceable batteries.
- Child safe on/off button.
- Batteries need to be replaced often.
The Oral-B Pro 1000 rechargeable toothbrush cleans better than a standard manual toothbrush, according to clinical studies. The CrossAction brush head’s professionally inspired design surrounds each tooth with bristles slanted at 16 degrees, and the 3D cleaning action oscillates, rotates, and pulsates to break up and remove up to 300 percent more plaque along the gumline than a standard manual toothbrush. The pressure sensor stops pulsations if you brush too hard, preventing hazardous over-brushing. There is just one setting, as well as an in-handle timer, to help you brush for the dentist-recommended 2 minutes.
- Removes 300% more plaque along the gum line than a traditional manual toothbrush.
- The pressure sensor detects when you brush too hard.
- The in-handle timer pulses every 30 seconds to alert you when to switch mouth areas.
- 1 mode rechargeable battery toothbrush – Every day cleaning
- Compatible with the following Oral-B brush heads: CrossAction, FlossAction, Precision Clean, 3D White, Sensitive Gum Care, Deep Sweep, Dual Clean. Does not work with iO brush heads.
- Oral-B is the world’s most popular dentist-recommended toothbrush brand.
Water flossing is more successful than string flossing because it blasts between teeth, beneath the gum line, and into all the nooks and crannies of your back molars to remove sticky plaque, food particles, and bacteria. Waterpik has long been the market leader in water flossers, but the business has now cleverly merged a water flosser with an electric toothbrush in one compact product. There is only one cord to plug in, and your toothbrush charges directly on the stand of the water flosser.
You will receive a Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush, which employs sonic technology to eliminate plaque from your gums and teeth. The brush has two speeds, a two-minute timer, and soft bristles that effectively clean your teeth without irritating your gums. A conventional brush head and a tiny brush head for precision cleaning are included in the box.
The reservoir of the water flosser carries 90+ seconds of water, and you may add a bit of mouthwash if you want to freshen your breath even more. The flosser’s tip sprays a thin, strong jet of water that removes plaque and debris not just from between your teeth, but also from beneath your gum line, where string floss cannot reach. You may adjust the water pressure to your preference and select from five different types of tips.
Waterpik Complete Care has received a lot of positive feedback from Amazon customers. It has over 5,200 reviews with an average rating of 4.4 stars. While many customers mention that it takes some time to learn how to operate a water flosser without drowning your entire bathroom, the majority of users report that the device leaves their teeth and gums incredibly healthy and clean.
“Best dental hygiene purchase I have ever made,” is a common comment. My teeth look and feel better than they have in a long time. I cannot recommend it highly enough.”
On the negative side, several customers complain that the water flosser is very loud.
- Doesn’t take up much counter space,
- superior to string floss,
- toothbrush is always charged and ready to go,
- reasonable price
- Water flosser is loud,
- potential for getting your bathroom wet
- Oral-B Pro 7500 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
You have just met your new toothbrush if you are an unapologetic technology fan who is also deadly serious about your dental health. The Oral-B Pro 7500 Electric Toothbrush has all of the most recent advancements in electric toothbrush design, including a precisely designed brush head that employs three separate motions to remove food particles, break up plaque, and polish away stains.
The circular brush head oscillates, spins, and pulsates while in use, leaving your teeth fresh-from-the-dentist clean with each brushing. All of this activity also contributes to optimal gum health. But, while the Oral-B Pro 7500 electric toothbrush has lots of power, it won’t concentrate it too much: If you press too hard on the toothbrush, a pressure sensor stops it and illuminates a light ring integrated into the handle, protecting tooth enamel from injury.
The toothbrush is an excellent choice for people with a variety of oral health needs because it has five modes: gum care, daily clean, deep clean, sensitive, and whitening. As if those unique features weren’t enough, the Oral-B Pro 7500 also has a 30-second vibrating timer to help you brush each area of your mouth for the required length of time by your dentist.
But it’s the functions that aren’t even built into the toothbrush that make it stand out in many ways. The Bluetooth-enabled Oral-B Pro 7500 electric toothbrush may connect to an app on your phone or tablet. You can use the app to track your brushing habits and set objectives for yourself. When you have a clear understanding of how you are managing your oral health throughout time, you have the best chance of living a long life with few tooth or periodontal problems.
An owner called Jean stated that this was her third Oral-B electric toothbrush in 30 years and that she “loved it the most” because of its “durability, pricing, and several features. According to Amanda, a buyer, it “works exactly as well as the professional toothbrush the dentist uses.”
- Protective pressure sensor,
- triple action cleaning,
- connects to app for comprehensive monitoring
- Expensive option