For lots of us, it is a cup of coffee that we start our day with. A cup of coffee can make or break our mood which subsequently affects our tasks for the rest of the day. A single-serve coffee maker machine is a machine which on being used serves exactly one cup of coffee. All you need to do is to make sure to put in the ingredients and arrange the settings (varies differently on different products). Isn’t it a great alternative to manually making a cup of coffee? Not only it saves your energy but also time. All it does is occupy a small space on your counter near a plug point. It is a must-have kitchen appliance if you are an avid coffee drinker or in a working space where people often prefer coffee as their choice of beverage.
Features to look for while purchasing a single-serve coffee maker
Before purchasing a coffee machine there are some aspects to look into to make sure whether they are a good option or not. Here are the top four things to check.
If your coffee needs are limited to one cup a day there is pretty much no need to purchase a model with a large water reservoir but if it exceeds that i.e., you consume three-four cups a day or it is needed to prepare coffee for a group of people it would be recommended to buy a model whose water reservoir has sufficient capacity to satisfy your needs. Otherwise, it would be a complete waste of time to fill up that machine again and again.
One of the main reasons for purchasing a single-serve coffee maker is that it saves time. It takes a lot less time than making a cup of coffee manually or with a coffee machine. For a lot of sine-serve coffee makers, on average they take two to three minutes. While some of them take only 30 seconds some of them can take up to five minutes. The time might also depend upon the type of beverage you prefer and the amount of coffee you need in it. Please pay attention if the brewing time suits your needs.
The size of the machine might not look like a big concern but it is. A lot of times we fail to consider it as a factor and we end up with machines that take up more space than we can afford to give them. Moreover, in a lot of apartments, the kitchen counters are not that big so to give a large area just for a single-serve coffee maker defeats its entire purpose of efficiency and convenience. Keep the measurements of a designated area in hand before purchasing deciding on a product.
Whether a machine is heavy, bulky, or light in weight will depend on the factor if you need to move it often or will it have a fixed assigned space. For a lot of single-serve coffee makers, their weight depends upon their material, features, capacity, and beverages they provide. So make sure you pay attention to this feature as well.
Top ten single-serve coffee makers to look forward to in Canada in 2021 are:
1) Nespresso by D’longhi
It is one of the best smart coffee makers there is. It is a reliable single-serve coffee maker that has an advanced high-pressure pump with 19 bars and also flavourful espresso capsules. The high-power pump releases the potential of coffee beans to their fullest providing you with a savory beverage. Moreover, its contemporary design makes it a great fit for any formal work setting.
Heat up time: 25 seconds
Cup capacity:1.35 oz or 2.75 oz
Water tank: 24 oz
Dimensions (height*width*depth): 32 * 11.9 * 22.9 centimeters
- Automatic power off after nine minutes of not being used helps you save energy and money on electricity.
- It has a foldable cup rest to help you accommodate different cup sizes.
- It has a one-touch button program that saves you the hassle of multiple levers and buttons.
- It alerts you about the empty cup reservoir in order to help you prep the machine.
- Comes with a range of 16 Nespresso capsules.
- The heat-up time is short and efficient.
- Equipped with wifi or Bluetooth facilities.
- It is a bit heavy.
- The Cup holding tray is a bit shaky.
2)Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker
This is a perfect fit for people who live alone. Its small compact size helps it fit anywhere and its cord storage just adds to the cause. Its make and build make it ideal to carry around or travel with it. All you need to do is add water and your preferred flavor of the k-cup pod and you’ll have a fresh cup of coffee within minutes.
Heat up time: 2 minutes
Cup capacity: 6 to 12 oz
Water tank: add water for each brew
Dimensions: 28.7 * 11.4 * 30.7 centimeters
- It has a small and compact size which helps you fit it anywhere without taking up a lot of space.
- It heats up in 2 minutes saving you a lot of time.
- Its sleek design makes it a good fit in modern homes or any other elegant interior.
- It is travel-friendly.
- It does not make a lot of noise.
- It is very efficient to operate.
- The power cord is small so make sure to locate it near a power plug.
3)CHULUX Single-Serve Coffee Maker
CHULUX single-serve coffee maker is another great option as it is travel-friendly and fits right into small spaces. It is a good fit for places like rooms, desks, kitchen counters, etc. because of its small design and its light in weight which makes it appropriate for travel. Prioritizing to simplify their customer’s wake-up morning routine, this machine can brew a perfect cup of coffee to help you kickstart your day.
Material: stainless steel
Heat up time: 2 to 3 minutes
Cup capacity: 4 to 10 oz
Water tank: 12 oz
Dimensions: 18 * 23 * 13 centimeters
- Its voltage requirement of 120 volts suits your traveling needs.
- It is light in weight weighing just 1.95 kg which makes it easy to carry around or shift its position.
- It has an automatic shut down feature to control its energy consumption.
- It has an easy cleaning process.
- Automatically shuts down after brewing.
- The temperature might not be high enough if you prefer a piping hot mug of coffee.
4) Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker
This other coffee maker is a machine that should be on your list of potential coffee makers if you have one. This single-serve coffee maker delivers a delightfully aromatic and tasty cup of coffee which serves as a great start to the day. The cup is piping hot and you can even control how many coffee grounds you want to use while brewing.
Material: stainless steel, plastic
Heat up time: 3 minutes
Cup capacity: 6 to 14 oz
Water tank: 14 oz
Dimensions: 18.5 * 13.7 * 29.5 centimeters
- It has water level markings at 6, 8, 10, and 14 oz for helping prepare a cup of coffee for your needs.
- It is light in weight weighing around 2.53 pounds.
- It self-cleans, it saves you from any sort of unnecessary hassle of opening it up cleaning it every time.
- It has a self-cleaning system.
- It supports 2 in 1 brewing style.
- On starting water boils for around a minute so your coffee comes out hot.
- The brewing time is around 3 minutes which might be a bit lengthy.
5) BLACK+DECKER Brew’n Go Personal Coffee Maker
The BLACK+DECKER brew’n Go personal coffee maker is ideal for traveling purposes as it is light in weight (weighing 1.4 pounds) and has a compact body design. To prove this point more the company also offers a free thermal traveling mug made of stainless steel and has an airtight lid. This cup has a capacity of 15 oz and can fit in a cup holder found in any vehicle. The one-touch operation makes it easy to use without any complicated set of instructions. Moreover, it is dishwasher friendly, what more do we need?
Heat up time: 3 minutes
Cup capacity: 15 oz
Water tank: 15.2 oz
Dimensions: 25.91 * 17.78 * 17.53 centimeters
- It brews a boiling hot coffee, unlike its other peers who heat up to a non-satisfactory level.
- It has a permanent filter that prevents filter waste and helps you to reuse it.
- It has an automatic turn-off feature which helps in conserving energy.
- It is perfect for travel purposes.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is not good for coffee pods.
- The lid is not so sturdy.
6) Mueller Pro Single-Serve Coffee Maker
This single-serve coffee maker is a bit different from its peers because it is designed to serve different flavors to cater to your needs. It also allows you to adjust the cup size and brew strength to suit your taste. This is a device that you can personalize completely to suit your taste. Not just that they serve your coffee hot that too within a short amount of time.
Heat time: <1 minute
Cup capacity: 6, 8, 10, 12 oz
Water tank: 48 oz
Dimensions: 38.99 * 35.2 * 23.9 centimeters
- There are four brew size options providing you with variety to suit your coffee needs.
- It has the feature of automatic shut-off for energy conservation.
- It supports multiple cup capacities based on your drinking preference.
- It has less brewing time.
- It is compatible with a lot of k-cup brands.
- The water tank has a large capacity and is removable.
- Not suitable for traveling purposes.
7) Mixpresso Single Cup Coffee Maker
The mixpresso single cup coffee maker is a powerful coffee maker that can brew you a wonderful cup of coffee within minutes. It also allows you to choose cup sizes amongst 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 oz as you deem fit. This machine is compatible with k-cups and is easy to program. They also provide you with a one-year warranty and claim to make any improvement in the sector you are not satisfied with.
Material: plastic and stainless steel
Heat up time: preheating for 2 minutes and brewing for <1 minutes
Cup capacity: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz
Dimensions: 50.3 * 29.5 * 39.6 centimeters
- It is compatible with various cup sizes to suit your drinking choice.
- The coffee machine is programmable which makes it a more attractive option.
- It has an automatic shutoff feature to help you conserve energy.
- It is easy to clean.
- The operation is hassle-free and not very complex.
- It has an automatic shut down after fifteen minutes of inactivity.
- It takes two minutes to preheat.
- It might not be compact enough for traveling.
8)Hamilton Beach Scoop
The hamilton beach claims that its scoop single-serve coffee maker brews hotter, faster, and better-tasting coffee than any other gourmet machine out there. Its contemporary looks make it a great fit for formal workspace, waiting rooms, lounges, etc. moreover, it has an adjustable drip tray that accommodates cups of different sizes.
Material: stainless steel
Heat up time: 90 seconds
Cup capacity: adjustable up to 14 oz
Water tank: 14 oz
Dimensions: 8.35 * 6.7 * 8.67 inches
- It has a short brewing time to provide you your beverage without having to wait long.
- It has a reusable mesh filter to help you save money on filters.
- It automatically shuts off after brewing to help you with energy conservation.
- It has an adjustable cup tray.
- It has a wide drip tray to prevent spills.
- It uses coffee grounds in only metal mesh baskets.
9)Chefman InstaCoffee Single-serve
This powerful 950-watt coffee maker provides you with a savory cup of coffee within minutes. Moreover, it is compatible with almost all travel cups and mugs so you can take your prepared beverage on-the-go. Not just that, it is compatible with any form whether it be k-cup, ground coffee, or even loose tea leaf.
Material: rubber and stainless steel
Heat up time: 30 seconds
Water cup capacity: 14 oz
Dimensions: 14 * 7.6 * 5.6 inches
- It has a reusable filter to prevent money on filters and it’s unnecessary waste.
- It has a self-cleaning feature to save you from wasting time cleaning your coffee machine frequently.
- It is compatible with various forms of coffee and tea to suit your tastes and prefrences.
- It filters in a very short time.
- It fits all travel mugs.
- It has a compact design.
- The weight might be a bit on the heavier side.
10)Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
The Ninja specialty coffee maker should be your topmost choice if you have a passion for coffee and its different flavors. This powerful coffee maker has four different brewing styles which result in various types of different coffees like regular coffee, iced coffee, latte, cappuccino, macchiato, etc., not just this but it also supports six different cup sizes and it has an inbuilt froth.
Material: glass and stainless steel
Water cup capacity: 50 oz
Dimensions: 11.99 * 8.75 * 15.04 inches
- The water tank is removable for better access and to save you from the hassle of an awkward tank filling.
- It has a timer feature to help you save time.
- It has an option for various styles to suit various tastes and choices.
- It supports six different cup sizes to choose your intake preference.
- It keeps coffee warm for up to four hours
- It is possible to set a timer if you want to get coffee as soon as you wake up.
- It provides multiple brewing styles and cup options.
- It is not travel-friendly.
- It is a bit on the expensive side.
With all the above-mentioned coffee makers here are the best single-serve coffee makers for the following specific situations. If you are looking for something travel-friendly you should check out Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker. If you are looking for something to suit your office space you should purchase a Ninja specialty coffee maker as it caters to different tastes and measurements. For something to suit your needs at home, you should consider Sboly Single Serve Coffee Maker. It has 2 in 1 brewing style and self-cleaning option which makes it easy to maintain.