An Elliptical Trainer
An elliptical trainer or cross-trainer is a stationary exercise machine used to simulate stair climbing, walking, or running without causing excessive pressure to the joints, hence decreasing the risk of impact injuries. It can replace many cardio workouts that you do, into one. Elliptical trainers offer you a low-impact cardio workout that can vary from light to high intensity, all depending on your choice and need.
Elliptical trainers entered the market in 1990 which was invented by Precor. And since then its market increased widely. Because it is better to exercise in your home, where you can manage all other pieces of stuff together than to smell other people sweat at the gym.
The Elliptical trainers are categorized basically into three types, which are differentiated by the location of the motor. The types according to their evolution are a rear drive, front drive, and center drive. All names suggests the location of the motor.
Benefits of having an Elliptical Trainer at Home or Office:
Elliptical trainers have many advantages over treadmills and bicycles. There are many benefits of using an elliptical trainer regularly. Some of the benefits are as follows: –
- Accelerate weight loss: – Some research says that elliptical trainers are more useful in losing weight than Exercise bikes. Elliptical trainers help in losing fat at a faster rate, hence allows you to remain fit.
- Works on the Whole Body: – Unlike other cardio machines, Elliptical trainers work on the whole body, instead of some body parts. It proves to be a perfect machine for working on both, upper and lower body.
- Protects your joints: – The main advantage of an Elliptical trainer is that it protects your joints. Comparing it to other cardio machines, an Elliptical trainer is impact free.
- Easy to use: – Unlike other gym equipment’s, Elliptical trainer is the easiest one to use. You can easily install them in your house and use them, without any issues.
- Easily track your progress: – Today, most of the Elliptical trainer is digitalized. So, you can easily track your progress, in distance, time and calories. In some machines, you can also save the progress.
- Improve your heart health: – Elliptical trainer are an efficient way of improving health. It is prescribed by many doctors, for improving the heart condition.
- No time restriction: – With an Elliptical trainer at your home, you will not be restricted to time. The Weather and other conditions won’t affect you. You can exercise, whenever you want.
So, knowing everything, you can easily decide why to buy an Elliptical trainer. And when you have made your mind, this article is going to help you know the things you must consider, before buying one.
Here, I will be discussing “how to select a good Elliptical trainer?”.
Things to consider before selecting an Elliptical trainer: –
There are some points you must consider before buying an Elliptical trainer, which include: –
There are three basic designs in elliptical machines and each has their advantages and disadvantages.
- Front-Drive: These type of elliptical trainers have a large wheel housing at the front of the machine.
- Center-Drive: In this trainer, the drive is basically present at the center. The design is similar to that of a treadmill.
- Rear-Drive: In this type of trainer, smaller wheel housing is located behind the pedals, making these the longest design. This design is the mordern design and is widely used.
The ideal stride length is 18 to 20 inches. But all depends on your height and comfort. There is all type of trainers with different stride lengths, from 7 inches for short people to 22 inches for tall people. So, depending upon your comfort, you should choose a trainer.
Make sure that the motion of the Elliptical trainer is smooth. Such that, it does not give any jerk in between. Also, see that it is comfortable to use and does not require any extra strength.
The Elliptical trainer should not produce any noise. It should be noise-free, or else will be very difficult to use.
Just ensure you select a model with a heavy enough weight limit. The max weight limit also indicates the robustness of the machine.
6.Space at Home or Office
Make sure, you have enough space for an elliptical machine at home. These Machines are not so small. You can expect for an elliptical machine to be between four and seven feet in length. Some Machines can be folded, when not in use.
7.A Control panel
A Control panel is now a must-have a requirement. It is essential that you must monitor your progress in terms of distance, time or calories, and can improve them. Today most of the Elliptical Trainers come with a control panel and many more exciting features associated with it. Some, are also Wi-Fi enabled and you can read the news and surf social media, etc.
A good elliptical trainer has a wide range of resistance levels. These levels help in regulating your workout intensities from slow and firm to hard and enduring. This helps in increasing strength and endurance.
Make sure that your elliptical trainer, lies within your budget. Buying expensive elliptical trainer won’t make you healthy, using it regularly will do it for you. So, don’t go off the budget. It will be a waste of money. Doesn’t matter expensive or cheap, if you are using it regularly, you will get the desired result. So, be careful in buying.
Purchase your elliptical trainer from a longstanding company with a good reputation and customer service so you’ll be able to enjoy a good customer service and your product might last longer. Shopping from a renowned brand is always a good decision to buy a better product.
11.Easy to use
The control features of your elliptical trainer must be easy to use. You don’t want to waste your time, figuring out how to start the machine every day with several clicks. The machine should be easy to start, with very little effort and time.
Elliptical trainers are premeditated to last for several years. So read the warranty information and make sure it is fine enough for you before you choose it. Your elliptical trainer will last longer if you have a good warranty contract present with you.
Before buying any product you must consider the opinion of other people who have used the product. You can get a genuine and a clear idea about the functionality of the product and can easily decide, whether to invest or not. People who have used the product will give you better ideas about the machines functioning. You can read the reviews on any online shopping site, by finding your product.
An Elliptical trainer can be a great investment for your home. It can completely change your way of doing exercise. It can be certain that you are not able to find time in your busy schedule. Therefore, some Elliptical trainers at your home can really help you in living a healthy lifestyle and living fit. It is a tool that is very durable and long-lasting, so you don’t have to invest regularly. Buy from a good brand and within your budget and start living a healthy life.